Sunday, September 21, 2008

A wonderful weekend-Friday

Since I am here in Detroit Michigan where my youngest female sibling, Lori, lives I decided to contact her on my wireless communication device. She invited me to a sporting competition at which her youngest offspring, Danielle, would be performing. I accepted, so on the evening of the last work day of last week I entered my rented conveyance device and transported myself to her domicile. Her present life partner, Dennis, was recruited to trim the shrubbery at their place of worship, so it was just Lori and I left to attend the competition.
We arrived at the education establishment where the competition would be held about 90 minutes early, so we went in search of Danielle. We found her in what they called the Band room which was populated by a great number of perspiring and talkative child units, all of whom were consuming wedges of a flattened bread product covered with a red liquid substance and circular pieces of a meat product. My food processing organs began to emit random growling noises. We would have to eat soon.

After a short conversation with Danielle, Lori led me to the area where the evening's competition would be held. It cost 5 dollar units to obtain entry. Elevated rows of seating were located on either side of the competition area which was covered with artificial turf. This is obviously a well financed education institution. I recognized the odor of fire seared bovine and began to salivate. We followed the odor to a small building that was offering seared bovine and a tubular casing packed with bovine meat scraps served on bread products that were shaped to fit. I purchased the seared bovine, a small mylar package of a dried and seasoned corn product, and a short sealed aluminum tube containing 12 oz of a green sweetened liquid. This was offered for four and three quarter dollar units. What a deal.

This post is taking longer than I thought it would so I will continue it at a later date. I promise.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Hi Lynn. Love your blog. So glad to see you again and I'm sure I'll see you before you leave. Keep in touch.

Love ya.
Lori

Lisa said...

Dad,
That was a very cute post. I am looking forward to the continuation...thinks have been very crazy busy around here and last week I was sick!!! I will try and call you real soon. Talk to you soon!
Love you,
Lisa